Saturday, January 1, 2011

Q & A With Top Prospect: Travis Demeritte

I was recently able to catch up with Travis Demeritte, an Inf/P from Winder Barrow high school in Georgia. A top player in his class, Travis made a statement this summer and will look to build off of it come this spring and summer.

1. First off, congrats on the successful spring/summer seasons. With all the national exposure, colleges must be knocking on the door. Who has been in contact with you and which schools are your favorite so far this early in a long process.


 1.) Thanks. But umm,, a lot of schools have sent me letters. I've gotten them from Florida, Miami, Georgia, Clemson, Viginia Tech & GA State but my favorite schools of are Arizona State, Texas & Cal State Fullerton.

2. When did you realize that you were a gifted baseball player and could do something special with you talents?

2.) I really started paying to these things at around 13!

3. Do you see yourself as a 3rd base/INF or a pitcher in the long run? I know this June you hit 90 at the PG/EC Invitational, what other pitches do you throw and where do they check in at?

3.) I love hitting so I'll have to go with 3B! I have a couple pitches I throw & some new ones that I'm trying to put in. I throw a 4-Seam, 2-Seam, Curveball, Changeup & a Slider.

4. By being a ranked player in the 2013 class, how does this motivate/inspire you as a player?

4.) I mean, it pushes me to work harder & strive to be better. It also tell me that I have a chance to do something special!
5. What is your favorite personal baseball memory?

5.) Ummm,, I Would Have To Say Either Winning Cooperstown On N.A.T.C Week Or Winning The Elite My 14U Year! I Also Love My CABA Trip. I Have A lot Of Good Memories!

6. Who is your favorite player and team?

6.) My favorite player will always be Barry Bonds no matter what & my favorite team will always be the Yanks. Hometown Team! Haha

7. Do you keep in contact with other top players from your class?


 7.) Ummm,, I chat with a couple but not many! Maybe like 2 or 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment